We have many acne treatments available. From teens to adults, acne can strike at any age. Acne affects approximately 80% of the population. It’s an inherited skin condition that can be controlled by prescription medications, referrals for hormone therapy, topical products, light therapy such as BBL, etc.
Acne, without a doubt, is a teenager’s most despised problem. Acne pimples, cysts, blackheads and whiteheads can ravage a young person’s skin and destroy self-esteem.
When Is The Best Time To Start A Plan For Acne Treatments?
The best time to begin acne treatment is as soon as it becomes evident. Acne usually progressively worsens if untreated. Prevention and control is preferred – before acne has had a chance to take over and cause acne scarring and psychological damage.
Acne Treatments Austin
Acne is not just a teen’s disease. Many adults can get acne well into their 30’s, 40’s and even 50’s. Some of this can be due to hormones, stress, etc.
Acne is a serious problem and it is never taken lightly or dismissed as a passing condition. Your acne problems, regardless of severity, are treated with individualized anti-acne programs that work as quickly and as effectively as possible.
Why Do People Get Acne?
The “cause” of acne is a little bacteria called P. Acnes. This bacteria grows quickly when no oxygen is present. The reason some people have acne and others don’t is that a person with acne has skin cells that don’t slough off at a normal rate. (The skin cell turnover of a person with acne tendencies is much slower than normal.) This slow turnover rate allows pores to become clogged with natural oils.
The more oil your sebaceous glands produce, the more acne has a chance to show up. A plug forms and the little P. Acnes bacteria start to multiply. If nothing interferes with this bacteria growth, a pimple or cyst forms.
- Acne is not caused by poor hygeine. Keeping your skin clean is important, but aggressive over-washine will only cause your skin to make more oil, and more acne. The vicious cycle!
- Stress does not CAUSE acne, but it can certinaly aggravate it.
- Chocolate, greasy foods etc. will cause Acne: There are several studies that show diet does not correlate with acne. However, in many cases, we have found that when someone stops eating dairy specifically, their face clears up!
What Is The Best Acne Treatment You Can Get?
Acne treatments are best when customized to your skin, age range and routine. Typically we will want to incorporate:
- Our Chemical Peel, or something to help speed up cellular turnover (to keep pores from clogging.)
- Introducing oxygen into the pores (to halt bacteria growth.)
- Extractions and special acne facials
- Slow down your natural oil production with special products.
- Sometimes antibiotics may necessary, and you will be advised to see a Dermatologist.
Other Things Related To Our Austin Acne Treatments:
Our Clients Come From: Austin | Bee Cave | Westlake | Dripping Springs | Round Rock | Lakeway | Buda | Kyle | Wimberley | Barton Creek | Tarrytown | Hyde Park | Pemberton Heights
Keywords: Austin Medspa Acne Treatment
AUSTIN ACNE TREATMENTS rating:
96 out of 100 with 107 ratings