First In Austin With Diva Vaginal Rejuvenation By Sciton
The diVa procedure helps with Vaginal Rejuvenation without the recovery time of surgery. The vagina changes with age as all body parts do, but you may see an additional decline in vaginal health when experiencing:
- Childbirth stretches the vaginal canal and surrounding tissue. The vagina does repair itself naturally, but for some women the tissue may never return to the same state as before childbirth. The stretching of childbirth could damage the vaginal wall, perineum and surrounding tissues.
- Menopause is the other major event that changes the vaginal health. Hysterectomy, chemotherapy, or activities like breast feeding may lead to reduced estrogen production. When the ovaries make less estrogen, this can lead to thinning, drying and inflammation of the vaginal wall.
The good news about Diva Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Quick in-office 3 to 5 minute procedure
- No sedation, no surgery
- Helps with vaginal dryness & lubrication
- Decreases pain with intercourse
- Helps with urinary stress incontinence by increasing bladder control
- Increases vaginal tone and laxity
- improves self-esteem and quality of life for women
Who is an ideal candidate for diVa Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Women that have had children
- Women who are experiencing menopause
- Women suffering from stress incontinence
- Women looking to improve sexual function
How long does the diVa Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure take?
The diVa procedure takes about 3 to 5 minutes to treat the full length of the vaginal canal.
How many diVa Vaginal Rejuvenation treatments are recommended?
It is recommended to have 3 treatments spaced out every 4 weeks apart, followed by one maintenance treatment every 12-15 months.
What do patients experience during a diVa Vaginal Rejuvenation treatment?
Some patients experience a slight pressure against the vaginal wall during the diVa treatment. Others experience increased sensitivity near the vaginal opening.
What do patients experience in the 48 hours after diVa Vaginal Rejuvenation?
You may return to your daily activities as soon as you are finished. Many patients do this treatment on their lunch break and return to work comfortably. We recommend avoiding all bath tubs, swimming pools or Jacuzzi for the 48 hours following procedure. Minimal spotting, cramping and a slight sunburn feeling may be experienced.
How long after diVa Vaginal Rejuvenation do I have to wait for intercourse?
We advise you to avoid sexual intercourse for 48 hours after treatment.
* A message from the manufacturer of the diVa device (Sciton, Inc): Sciton is committed to its customers, patient safety, and to contributing to the advancement of women’s health through good science and new technology. The diVa device has been on the market for more than two years and celebrated a milestone earlier this year with over 10,000 procedures safely and effectively completed. Sciton is working with the FDA to provide irrefutable scientific data supporting the positive benefits of laser vaginal treatments. From the beginning, the innovative diVa design has delivered precise, effective, and safe treatments and Sciton intends to continue to develop and support this medical arena.